YouThrive is a free online resource developed to help build communities where young people thrive and realize their own abilities by contributing to society and taking control of their lives.
Designed for community and school leaders throughout Ontario working with youth ages 12 to 19, YouThrive uses a health promotion approach in preventing risk-taking behaviour and supporting positive mental health.
YouThrive helps attain the following goals:
- Fostering youth engagement
- Building young people’s health literacy by promoting positive mental health and well-being
- Strengthening protective factors and resilience among youth
- Reducing tobacco use and substance misuse
- Addressing health inequities among groups of youth in Ontario
- Working on Ontario’s priorities for youth health
YouThrive is also available in French as Vita-jeunesse.
YouThrive acknowledges the support of the Government of Ontario.
YouThrive was developed in a partnership involving Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario (CMHA Ontario), Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Ontario Lung Association (OLA) and Ophea.