Healthy Eating and Well-being
- Youths will debate the various benefits and possible limitations of Canada’s Food Guide.
- Youths will examine food options available at local fast food restaurants and give one unhealthy meal a healthy make over.
- Youths will respond to scenarios relating to the themes of body image and healthy eating choices.
Substance Use and Well-being
- Youth will examine personal and societal effects of substance use and misuse, addictions, and related behaviours.
- Youths will examine media messaging used by the alcohol and tobacco industries.
- Youths will identify and describe the warning signs of substance use and misuse, and use critical thinking skills when responding to scenarios on the appropriate actions to take to ensure their personal health and well-being.
- Youths will identify and describe the warning signs of substance use and misuse, addictions, and related behaviours and use communication skills while debating topics related to substance use.