PlaySport is a free activity-based website helping children and youth to develop the skills and strategies needed for a variety of physical activities and a wide range of sports.
Designed for educators, recreation providers, coaches and physical activity promoters, PlaySport uses the Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) approach.
- A searchable database of 70 fun downloadable activity cards with step-by-step instructions
- Access to animations and/or illustrations for each activity
- Linkages within each activity to the Ontario Health and Physical Education (H&PE) Curriculum, 2015
- Connections within each activity to the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines
- Athlete videos which highlight some of Canada's top athletes and the connection between physical activity and the development of living skills
PlaySport is also available in French as RécréAgir.