PlaySport is a free activity-based website helping children and youth to develop the skills and strategies needed for a variety of physical activities and a wide range of sports.
Designed for educators, recreation providers, coaches and physical activity promoters, PlaySport uses the Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) approach.
- A searchable database of 70 fun downloadable activity cards with step-by-step instructions
- Access to animations and/or illustrations for each activity
- Linkages within each activity to the Ontario Health and Physical Education (H&PE) Curriculum
- Connections within each activity to the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines
- Athlete videos which highlight some of Canada's top athletes and the connection between physical activity and the development of living skills
PlaySport is also available in French as RécréAgir.
Enhancements to PlaySport have been made possible through a financial contribution from the Government of Ontario.
Additional funding support was also provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada.