By the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- apply creative and critical thinking skills and communication skills (e.g., assertiveness and refusal skills) to manage conflicts related to cyberbullying and make informed decisions that demonstrate respect for themselves and others;
- identify factors that affect the development of a person’s self-concept;
- identify people and community resources that can provide support when dealing with addictive behaviours like playing too many video games;
- demonstrate an understanding of safety practices and appropriate procedures for responding to cyberbullying to make a safer online school community; and
- apply critical and creative thinking skills to reflect on a piece of media.
Health and Physical Education Curriculum Expectations -1.3, 1.5, C1.2, C1.3, C2.3, C2.6, C3.2
Language: Media Curriculum Expectations - 1.2