By the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- identify factors that affect the development of a person’s self-concept;
- identify people and community resources to turn to for support when dealing with addictive behaviours online (e.g., excessive gaming);
- apply critical and creative thinking skills and communication skills to make informed choices that demonstrate respect (e.g., assertiveness and refusal skills), to promote positive interactions amongst their peers and to avoid or manage conflicts related to cyberbullying;
- apply critical and creative thinking skills to interpret media texts and reflect on a piece of media using overt and implied messages as evidence for their interpretations; and
- demonstrate an understanding of safety practices and appropriate procedures for responding to cyberbullying.
Health and Physical Education Curriculum Expectations - 1.3, 1.5, C1.2, C1.3, C2.3, C2.6, C3.2
Language: Media Curriculum Expectations – 1.2