H&PE Elementary Resources
Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 supports implementation of Ontario’s Health and Physical Education (H&PE) Curriculum.
This resource provides 130 ready-to-use lesson plans per grade, student templates and assessment tools. The resources are organized into two main sections that are consistent with the H&PE Curriculum: Movement Competence & Active Living, and Healthy Living. As in the curriculum, activities that address living skills are integrated throughout.
Each grade in Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 includes:
- Introductory content with detailed background information
- Human Development and Sexual Health (HD&SH) lesson plans have been integrated as a new unit in each grade level and include Unit Overviews and Unit Introductions.
- 20-25 units including unit overviews, lesson plans and additional teacher and student resources
- Division-specific appendices which include warm-up and cool-down activities, a safe stretching guide, program planning information and four sample timetables as well as teaching and learning tools and strategies
For more information on Ophea’s H&PE supports, including professional learning support for Human Development and Sexual Health, visit www.ophea.net/HPESupports.
To access Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 you must be from an organization that has purchased access (e.g.: school board).
* To access Ophea's H&PE Curriculum Resources, all individuals will need to login using a personalized ophea.net account. If you are part of an organization that has purchased access, the system will grant you access to Ophea's H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 based on your personalized Ophea.net profile.
For more information view the FAQ page.
Don’t have access?
Access can be purchased by school boards, private schools and other organizations requiring H&PE implementation support. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase information.
This resource is also available in French as Ressources d'appui d'EPS : élémentaire.