H&PE at Home
Ophea’s H&PE at Home Resources have been developed to provide educational and development-focused curriculum-linked resources to support educators, parents/caregivers and all students to keep progressing in their learning.
Ophea’s H&PE at Home Resources include:
- Ophea Open Class:
- Units 1-3 include recorded demonstration videos with a different lesson, game, or activity from Ophea; highlighting curriculum expectations, learning goals, safety requirements, equipment, and success criteria for primary, junior, and intermediate learners.
- Unit 4 includes a Welcome Back Choice Board to provide meaningful, safe, engaging quality Health and Physical Education and health promoting opportunities during class time and to support physical activity opportunities before, throughout, and after the school day with consideration to the Government of Ontario’s Guide to Reopening Ontario’s Schools.
- The content features tailored activities for the primary, junior, intermediate and senior divisions (within sections for elementary educators and secondary educators) along with a resource database highlighting 10+ partner resources. The secondary resources also include sample month-long plans.
- Safety Considerations:
- PE at Home provides an opportunity to extend the safety practices used at school during Health and Physical Education to the home. The Safety Consideration section includes information on planning safe PE at home, implementing safe PE at home as well as safe check-in and check-out information.
In addition, alongside Ontario's teachers, Ophea has put together a collection of our health and physical education content to use with primary, junior, and intermediate learners to stay healthy and active at home. This collection includes:
- Mindfulness activities
- Physical activities
- Dance activities
- Physical activities with math
- Health and financial literacy activities
- Puberty and health activities
As always Ophea’s Teaching Tools, including lesson plans are available to support teacher planning for working with families at home.