H&PE Elementary Resources
Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 addressing the H&PE Curriculum, 2015 continue to be available. Throughout the school year, new lesson plans will be added (identified in green) to further support you in teaching the current curriculum.
- With the release of the 2019 Elementary H&PE curriculum, Ophea will deliver new tools as they become available.
- New lesson plans for grades 1-8, that address the healthy eating component of the 2019 Elementary H&PE curriculum, as well as the revised Canada’s Food Guide, are currently available.
- A new curriculum expectation chart has been added to each grade page as a guide to determine how existing units may be used as reference for addressing curriculum expectations within the 2019 H&PE curriculum.
- A webinar series has begun to support implementation and will continue throughout the school year. For more information visit our professional learning opportunities.
Ophea’s H&PE Elementary Resources include 130 ready-to-use lesson plans per grade, student templates and assessment tools. The resources are organized into two main sections that are consistent with the 2015 H&PE Curriculum: Movement Competence & Active Living, and Healthy Living.
Each grade in Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 includes:
- Introductory content with detailed background information
- New units that address healthy eating and substance use, addictions and related behaviours
- 20-25 units including unit overviews, lesson plans and additional teacher and student resources
To access Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 you must be from an:
- Ontario publicly-funded school board that has purchased an annual Ophea school board membership
- Independent/private school that has purchased an annual school subscription to the resources
- Ontario public health units
- Faculty of Educations that have purchased access
* To access Ophea's H&PE Curriculum Resources, all individuals will need to login using a personalized ophea.net account. If you are part of an organization that has purchased access, the system will grant you access to Ophea's H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8 based on your personalized Ophea.net profile.
Click here to login or create your ophea.net account today!
For more information view the FAQ page.
Don’t have access?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for purchase information.
This resource is also available in French as Ressources d'appui d'EPS : élémentaire.