Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education
Manage risk to encourage physical activity in your school.
The Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education (OPASSE)* are the minimum standards for risk management practices for physical activities and concussions (PPM 158) in education settings for school boards across Ontario.
The new website makes it easier to find, navigate, and use what you need and includes:
- Streamlined information for elementary and secondary educators organized by curricular, interschool, and intramural settings
- Annual updates to activities and protocols by Ophea's Safety and Injury Prevention Advisory Committee (includes education, safety, sport/activity sector experts, OFSAA, OASPHE, and CIRA).
- Concussion protocols to help prevent and identify suspected concussions and manage a student’s safe return to school and physical activity
- Access to Ask Ophea for anyone requiring specific or additional support
- The opportunity to request a change or additions to activity pages
*Formerly the Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines
The Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education are also available in French as les Normes de sécurité de l’Ontario pour l’activité physique en éducation.
To view this resource visit safety.ophea.net
The Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education are managed by Ophea and are funded by the Government of Ontario.