Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources
Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources has been developed to increase educators’ understanding of what is sexual violence and harassment and to raise awareness of how they can be prevented through early education and honest classroom conversations.
Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources aim to:
- Develop the confidence and capacity of educators to be role models in building safe and positive spaces in their school communities; and
- Increase the awareness and understanding of educators of key topics including sexual violence, harassment, consent, healthy relationships, and systems of power that enable violence and discrimination.
The Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources include:
- Resource Database
- Coming in March 2020! Classroom activities and student worksheets
The Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources are based on the Draw-The-Line campaign and would not be possible without support from our partners:
- Action ontarienne contre la violence faite aux femmes
- Egale Canada Human Rights Trust
- Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres
- White Ribbon
In 2017, Ophea recorded webinars (English only) with some of our partners. Go to Ophea’s YouTube Channel to watch their presentations.
This project is also available in French as "Ressources d’éducation sur la prévention de la violence à caractère sexuel".
Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources is funded by the Government of Ontario.